Adai Dosai is a protein-dense savory lentil crepe. Traditionally it is made of rice and a variety of lentils soaked overnight and ground to a coarse mixture with some spices and herbs.
But again every household makes it different! If you are looking into some healthy meals for your family dinner this is the best option.
Adai dosai doesn’t require fermenting but we need to soak the lentils overnight because we are using a variety of lentils. Also in my recipe, I use sprouted green gram which makes it even more nutritious.
- ½ cup rice
- ¼ cup split pigeon peas
- ¼ cup red lentil dal
- 1 cup sprouted green gram
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 2 dry red chilies
- ¼ inch ginger
- Salt to taste
- Oil/Ghee to fry
- Soak rice and lentils overnight along with dry red chilies.
- Wash the soaked rice and lentils 2-3 times with water.
- Drain the excess water and add into a blender along with ginger and sprouted green gram.
- Grind to coarse and pour consistently (like pancake or dosa).
- Heat a pan and pour the adai batter into a thin crepe make sure the pan is on medium heat.
- Add oil and flip to the other and fry until it is crisp.
- Serve with yogurt or chutney.
- You shall store the batter in the fridge for 2-3 days.
- If you want to make it crispy add 2 tbsp of rice flour powder.
She writer Sudha Suresh is a healthy meal enthusiast, living in Melbourne, who loves to recreate recipes straight from her grandma’s kitchen