Dengue outbreaks are currently on the rise in various regions, including Delhi, West Bengal, Uttar Pradesh, and Kolkata. This viral infection, transmitted primarily through the bite of infected Aedes mosquitoes, can cause a range of symptoms, from mild to severe, including high fever, severe headache, joint pain, eye pain, and bleeding tendencies. Some cases even require hospitalization, while milder cases typically take 2-3 weeks to recover.
In addition to medications, dietary adjustments can play a crucial role in speeding up recovery and bolstering the immune system. Proper nutrition and hydration are essential during this period. Here are five immunity-boosting drinks for dengue that can aid in the recovery process:
- Water: Staying well-hydrated is vital as dengue can lead to dehydration due to symptoms like high fever, vomiting, and diarrhea. Drinking 6-8 glasses of water daily is crucial.
- Coconut Water: Natural electrolyte-rich coconut water helps maintain hydration and is gentle on the stomach, potentially alleviating nausea and vomiting.
- Turmeric Milk: Turmeric contains curcumin, known for its anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties. Mixing turmeric with warm milk creates a soothing drink that can reduce inflammation and enhance immunity.
- Fruit Juices: Freshly squeezed fruit juices provide essential vitamins and minerals. Opt for vitamin C-rich fruits like oranges, lemons, and papayas to support the immune system.
- Aloe Vera Juice: Aloe vera is recognized for its anti-inflammatory and soothing properties. Drinking aloe vera juice on an empty stomach can ease digestive discomfort and reduce inflammation.
It’s essential to remember that dengue is a serious illness, and along with medications, maintaining a healthy diet and proper hydration can help alleviate symptoms and expedite recovery.
Re-reported from the article originally published in The India English