The temperature during summer in India is increasing each year, which is a cause for concern for people who are particular about their appearance. However, instead of spending a lot of money on expensive products, it is advisable to explore the kitchen and try out some age-old tips passed down by grandmothers.
Here are some tips for summer skin care:
- Stay hydrated: Drink plenty of water to keep your skin hydrated from the inside out.
- Use sunscreen: Apply a broad-spectrum sunscreen with an SPF of 30 or higher before going outside, and reapply every 2 hours.
- Wear protective clothing: Wear lightweight, loose-fitting clothing that covers your skin, and a wide-brimmed hat and sunglasses to protect your face and eyes from the sun.
- Use a gentle cleanser: Use a gentle, non-drying cleanser to wash your face twice a day.
- Moisturize: Use a lightweight, oil-free moisturizer to keep your skin hydrated without feeling heavy or greasy.
- Avoid hot showers: Take cool or lukewarm showers to avoid drying out your skin.
- Exfoliate: Use a gentle exfoliant once or twice a week to remove dead skin cells and keep your skin looking bright and fresh.
- Eat a healthy diet: Eat plenty of fruits and vegetables to nourish your skin from the inside out.
- Manage stress: Practice stress-management techniques like deep breathing or yoga to help reduce stress, which can worsen skin conditions like acne.
Taking care of your skin during the summer doesn’t have to be expensive or complicated. By following these simple tips and incorporating age-old wisdom, you can keep your skin healthy, hydrated, and glowing all season long.