Delicious North Indian(Punjabi) restaurant-style paneer gravy made with onions tomatoes cashews and paneer cubes.
Ingredients for cooking:-
- Fresh Full-fat Paneer 250 gm
- Poppy Seeds 2tsp
- Cashewnuts 10 nos
- Bay leaf 1-2nos
- Cardamom 2-3nos
- Cloves 2 nos
- Peppercorn 5-6 nos
- Turmeric powder 1 tsp
- Garlic clove 2-3 nos
- Red chilly powder 1tsp
- Cumin seeds 2tsp
- Coriander Powder 2 tsp
- Onion 2 large
- Tomatoes 3 medium
- Capsicums 2 medium diced
- Fresh coriander for garnish
- Salt to taste
- Oil/Butter/Ghee 3-4 tbs
- Soak cashews and poppy seeds in a small bowl of water.
- Heat 3 tbsp oil in a pan add cumin seeds to it and let it crackle. Add dry ingredients no 4,5,6,7 and cook for 2 min on slow flame.
- Add onion, garlic, and salt and roast it for 2 minutes.
- Add turmeric, red chilly powder, and coriander powder and mix well.
- Now add Tomatoes and roast them till the oil is separated from the mixture.
- Remove the cooked mixture to a plate let it cool down and grind it later.
- Make a paste of cashew and poppy seeds and keep it aside.
- Heat 1 tbsp butter/ghee in a pan and add 1 tsp cumin seeds.
- Add diced capsicum pieces and toss them for 2 min
- Add square pieces of Paneer and toss them on a slow flame without breaking them
- Add the grounded masala paste and water to the required consistency.
- Let it come to a boil and then add cashew and poppy paste and mix well into the gravy.
- Let it cook again for some time on a slow flame.
- Check for salt and add salt, if necessary.
- Remove the gravy in a serving dish and Garnish with freshly chopped coriander.
- You can also add a tbsp of fresh cream while garnishing.
-Ms. Saritha Sumith,
Mentee for C2C 2020 Batch 1