The festive season in India has begun with Ganesh Chaturthi, and it’s soon to be followed by Navratri/Durga Puja, Dhanteras, Diwali, Bhai Dooj, and Karva Chauth. With numerous festivals and celebrations on the horizon, it’s time for new clothes, makeup, and hairstyles. However, amidst the festivities, haircare often gets neglected. Clelia Cecilia Angelon offers valuable advice to get your hair ready for the festive season.
- Stay Hydrated: Drinking an ample amount of water not only benefits your skin but also strengthens your hair roots. Proper hydration prevents split ends and maintains a healthy scalp.
- Have a Healthy Diet: A balanced diet rich in minerals and vitamins supports hair growth and enhances shine. Incorporate iron-rich foods like apples, beetroot, and spinach, along with vegan protein sources and seasonal fruits.
- Switch to Natural Haircare Products: Embrace the principles of Ayurveda by choosing natural, organic, and vegan shampoos and haircare products. These gentle ingredients promote healthier hair and eliminate harsh chemicals.
- Avoid Chemical-Based Hair Dyes: Steer clear of ammonia and its by-products found in chemical-based hair dyes, as they can harm your skin and even lead to health issues. Check product labels for harmful chemicals like sulfates, parabens, and phthalates.
- Use Henna for Coloring: Replace chemical dyes with henna, which provides vibrant hair colors when mixed with natural ingredients like herbs from the Amazonian rainforests. Opt for henna creams for mess-free application and lasting color.
- Focus on Aftercare: After applying henna, use natural shampoos and conditioners designed for post-coloration care. These products are gentle on your hair, ensuring the color remains vibrant.
Re-reported from the article originally published in Zee News