The Yves Rocher Foundation is currently inviting applications for the “Women of the Earth” award to honour women for their achievements in environmental awareness, conservation, and solidarity.
The Terre de Femmes International Award is a thematic prize now open to all citizens of the world involved in projects with substantial environmental, social and societal impact. The 5th edition in 2023, seeks applications under the theme “Wetlands, natural areas at risk!”.
Jacques Rocher, the president of the Yves Rocher Foundation created the Terre de Femmes prize, recognized as being of public utility, which accompanies nearly 500 women around the world who act daily to preserve nature.
Amount of the endowment: 10000 €
Topics: The topics that can be addressed –
- Conservation of wetlands’ unique biodiversity.
- Restoration of blue carbon ecosystems (mangrove forests, seagrass meadows and coastal marshes).
- Preservation of peat bogs and the species that depend upon them.
- Sustainable water use projects.
- Cleaning rivers and wetlands.
- Sustainable agriculture projects in wetlands.
- Integration of wetlands in urban environments.
- Raising awareness among local communities and future generations to preserve these fragile ecosystems.
- Management, preservation and awareness work on RAMSAR sites in France or elsewhere.
- Participation in the conservation of species linked to wetlands (flora & fauna).
- Projects related to the recognition of a site as a wetland and its conservation.
- Applicants must be adult women worldwide involved in a project that helps to protect wetlands through a non-profit organisation.
- The project has a strong environmental and social impact (involvement of local communities).
- Applicant’s structure is an NGO, an association or a foundation.
Deadline: November 30, 2022
For more information, visit:
- Staff Reporter