The WNBA playoffs kick off this Wednesday with exciting first-round matchups to watch:
- Las Vegas Aces (34-6) vs. Chicago Sky (18-22)
- Season series: Aces lead 3-0
- Prediction: Aces
- Defending champs Las Vegas boasts an impressive offense, led by MVP candidate A’ja Wilson and stellar guards like Chelsea Gray, Kelsey Plum, and Jackie Young. They set a record for offensive efficiency. Chicago, the final playoff qualifier, relies on experience, including 2021 Finals MVP Kahleah Copper and Courtney Williams.
- Connecticut Sun (27-13) vs. Minnesota Lynx (19-21)
- Season series: Sun lead 3-1
- Prediction: Connecticut
- Connecticut relies on Alyssa Thomas, who excels in rebounding and assists. The team had to adjust its offense when Brionna Jones was injured. Minnesota overcame a rough start, largely thanks to Napheesa Collier and rookies Diamond Miller and Dorka Juhasz.
- Dallas Wings (22-18) vs. Atlanta Dream (19-21)
- Season series: Wings lead 3-0
- Prediction: Dallas
- Dallas combines inside strength with Teaira McCowan, Natasha Howard, and Satou Sabally with the scoring prowess of Arike Ogunbowale. Atlanta, making its first postseason appearance since 2018, relies on Rhyne Howard, Cheyenne Parker, and Allisha Gray.
- New York Liberty (32-8) vs. Washington Mystics (19-21)
- Season series: Tied 2-2
- Prediction: New York
- The Liberty was rebuilt with stars like Breanna Stewart, Jonquel Jones, and Courtney Vandersloot, winning the Commissioner’s Cup. Washington, plagued by injuries, still fields a formidable roster with Elena Delle Donne, Natasha Cloud, Ariel Atkins, and top defender Brittney Sykes.
The WNBA playoffs promise intense action, with favorites and underdogs set to clash in these exciting first-round series.
Re-reported from the article originally published in The Republic TV English