Panna Cotta or “cooked cream” is a classic Italian dessert, consisting of sweet cream coagulated with gelatin and then molded. The cream may be aromatized with various flavorings. Such as coffee, vanilla, mango, or perhaps honey.
Today, pastry chef and content creator Shreya Agarwala shares her scrumptious vanilla panna cotta with cherry compote recipe with SheSight.
For Vanilla Panna Cotta:
1.1 and 1/2 cup fresh cream
2. 1 cup full-fat milk
3. 1/2 cup powdered sugar
4. 3/4 tsp agar agar powder ( which is veg gelatin. You can use regular gelatin also but the quantity will change)
5. 1 tsp vanilla extract
For Cherry Compote:
1.200gms pitted cherries
2. 1 tbsp water
3. 1.5 tbsp sugar
4. Squeeze lemon juice
1. First mix cream, milk, and agar agar powder. Whisk well and keep aside for 10 mins
2. Add sugar and vanilla to this and start cooking on medium flame and whisking continuously till sugar dissolves. Cook in low heat for 2-3 minutes. Do not boil the mix in high heat
3. Pour in serving bowls or cups if you want to de-mould and Serve
4. Cling wrap and Refrigerate overnight 5. For sauce, mash cherries a little and cook with sugar in low heat stirring for 6-8 minutes. In the end, add lemon juice and let cool completely. Store in the refrigerator for up to a week
6. Before serving, if you wish to invert dip the cup or ramekins in hot water for 10-15 seconds and run a knife along the edge to loosen the Panna cotta from the ramekins into the plate
7. Serve with compote or fresh fruits.
This easy yet delicious recipe is a must-have if you’re a sweet tooth just like us! We’re thankful to Shreya for sharing the recipe with us, who is a content creator and a recipe developer. She loves to travel and share her experiences. After her MBA from Nasree Monjee, Mumbai she pursued her passion for baking. From home baking to running a successful café called Oh, Cheat Day! which was famous for its brownies, pancakes, desserts, and more she now loves to teach and conducts amazing workshops where she enjoys sharing her experiences and her passion for culinary.