Celebrate joy with the ultimate Ghostly Healthy Freakshake and Non-Alcoholic Sangria. These tasty treats bring the perfect blend of health and flavor to your special moments. Whether it’s the spookiness of the Freakshake or the fruity delight of the Sangria, these recipes are a surefire way to make your celebrations unforgettable. Cheers to a year filled with delicious experiences and delightful sips!
Healthy Ghostly Freakshake
Ingredients for the milkshake:
Banana – 2
Milk – 200ml
Chocolate syrup – 1 tbsp
Sugar/honey to taste (optional)
Ingredients for decorating:
Orange – 1 Banana – 1
Dark chocolate chips – 3
Black grapes – 3 or 4
Bamboo skewer – 2
Creating Spooky Fruit Decorations:
- Orange Pumpkins: Peel the oranges and remove the skin. Attach a bamboo skewer to allow them to stand.
- Ghostly Bananas: Peel the bananas and discard the skin. Insert three chocolate chips into each banana, forming a ghostly face (eyes and mouth) at the rounded end of each banana half. Secure a bamboo skewer at the bottom to make it stand.
- Magic Wand: Thread three or four black grapes onto a bamboo skewer.
Creating the Healthy Ghostly Freakshake:
- Begin by making the milkshake: Place all the milkshake ingredients (banana, milk, chocolate syrup, sugar – optional, and ice cream – optional) into a food processor. Blend on a fast setting until fully blended and smooth.
- Assemble the freakshakes: Pour the milkshake mixture into glasses or jars.
- Decorate with the spooky fruits.
- Finish by adding drinking straws and serve immediately.
Who says you need alcohol in your Sangria for it to be good?
A cup of cranberry juice
1 cup Sparkling Grapefruit Juice/ sparkling water
An orange, squeezed
2 tbsp. lemon juice
Sliced red/ black grapes
In a large pitcher, combine all the juices and stir. Slice the orange, apple, and grapes, and add them to the Sangria. If you feel the need, add sweeteners. I did not use any sweeteners in mine, as the fruit made it sweet enough for me. Allow it to sit for at least one and a half hours. Do not add ice cubes, as they will dilute the flavor. If you want to serve with ice, place them in individual glasses and serve.
-Dr. Parul Goyal is a passionate home cook who loves experimenting in the kitchen and creating new recipes to share with friends and family.