Drinking water every day is important for our health. Drinking water can prevent dehydration. Water has no calories, so it can also help with managing body weight. Water helps our body to keep a normal temperature. And also it protects our spinal cord and other sensitive tissues. The lack of water can cause dehydration, which can damage the kidneys, lead to unbalanced electrolytes, and cause other health problems. Here are a few tips which can be helpful if you are looking for ways to keep yourself hydrated:
- Always carry a water bottle : You can drink more water if you have a water bottle with you throughout the day. You can easily drink water when you are running errands, traveling, at home, at work, or at school. When you keep a water bottle nearby, it can also serve as a visual reminder to drink more water. By keeping the bottle on your desk or table, you will constantly be reminded to drink more.
- Set reminders : An app or an alarm on your smartphone or smartwatch can also remind
you to drink more water. If you struggle with forgetfulness or are too busy to drink enough water, set a reminder to take a few sips of water every 30 minutes.
- Have some water before every meal : Make a habit of drinking one glass of water before each meal to increase your water intake. It will help you intake fewer calories along with keeping hydrated.
- Eat water-rich foods : Foods that contain high amounts of water are a simple way to get more
water. Try to include fruits and vegetables with high water content in your diet.
- Drink coconut water : If you are bored of drinking the same tasteless water, you can try
supplementing your water intake with healthy coconut water.