This lemon pasta recipe is going Viral on social media for being the perfect speedy dinner
If you’re someone who fancies trying new recipes every other day, then this viral lemon pasta recipe is perfect when you crave an easy yet delicious meal.
This latest recipe of lemon pasta by Italian cook Claudia Arrabito went viral when she posted her video in response to a previously popular—but fairly simple—recipe of the same dish by food influencer Emily Mariko.
Here’s how you can make this appetizing recipe at home:
- Capellini Pasta
- Basil leaves
- Lemon Basil
- 3 lemons
- Olive oil
- Chilli flakes
- Start by boiling the pasta in a pot. She recommends capellini pasta, which is the finest version of spaghetti.
- zest and extract the juice of three lemons.
- Heat olive oil and butter in a frying pan, add chili flakes, garlic, a splash of water, and the pasta.
- Cook the spaghetti in the pan, she continues to add splashes of water every time it dries out until the pasta is almost al dente.
- Then add the lemon zest, juice, and basil, and stir until the pasta is ready. Add extra water if you want a little more sauce.
- serve it hot on a plate with a basil and lemon garnish.
We’re not surprised the recipe has had more than 5 million views. Even Julia Fox has commented on the video: “I love it when a real Italian enters the chat.”
Plenty of other commenters were keen to try the cooking technique, and you should too!