Q. I am a 25 years old woman. I feel dejected very easily and a simple comment on me from others make me low. As I am a job seeker, I am looking for jobs and I am well qualified as well. But after each interview I experience a low, like I have fell in to a black hole. What I have noticed is I cannot stand judgements and I have this habit of keeping on self-judging myself. Always some comparisons are going on within me, and I look at others faces, and try to read or it flashes into my mind, what they are thinking of me. This happens while I am with an interview board too. So I panic, and do blunders. Kindly help.
Answer by Ms. Kruthi
I think the reason behind you feel dejected and low is your low self-esteem. When we don’t see ourselves as capable and worthy we generally feel demotivated and dejected easily. As you said you are well qualified you have something in you. I have few tips for you that will help you boost your self-esteem:
- Every morning see in the mirror and say ‘I love you’ to self for 3 times.
2. List down all your achievements and all the good qualities or skills you have and read it whenever you feel low or go for an interview.
3. Do comparison with own self only. Where I was yesterday, where I am today and where I can reach tomorrow.
4. Stop taking things personally. Everyone has their own mind set, their own stories and their own level of perception. It has nothing to do with you.
5. Whenever you go for an interview do research about company, dress according to company’s image and to the role you are applying. Take deep breath, think about your favourite person and think about what you are going to gain if you get that job. It will help you stay positive and bring smile on your face.
Love yourself first!