Padma Award winners who are women in 2023:
1. Sudha Murthy: For her services to the social work field, renowned author and Infosys chair Sudha Murthy will receive the Padma Bhushan. Murthy is renowned for her charitable activities toward society and has written scores of novels, many of which are geared toward children.
2. Raveen Ravi Tandon: In the category of arts, Raveena Tandon will get the Padma Shri award. She made her Bollywood debut in 1991 with “Patthar Ke Phool” and thereafter appeared in a number of movies, including “Andaz Apna Apna,” “Mohra,” “Diwale,” and “Khiladiyon Ke Khiladi.”
Recently, the actress was picked to represent the G20’s W20, the women’s empowerment engagement wing.
3. K C Runremsangi: K C Runremsangi, a folk singer from Mizoram, was also awarded the Padma Shri for his work preserving Mizo culture for more than 30 years. She is recognized for having recorded numerous Mizo folk songs and was given the Sangeet Natak Akademi Award in 2017.
4. Rani Machaiah: “RRR” soundtrack composer MM Keeravaani and actress Raveena Tandon will receive the Padma Shri award. Rani Machaiah is a Kodava Ummathat folk dancer who has received the Padma Shri award for her work in conserving and promoting Kodava culture via dance.
She has been teaching female artists the Ummathat folk dance and served as the previous president of the Karnataka Kodava Sahitya Academy.
5. Hirabai Lobi: Hirabai Lobi, who was reared by her grandmother after becoming an early orphan, has dedicated her life to serving the Siddi Tribe as a social worker and leader. She received the Padma Shri award for her contributions to Gujarat’s Siddi community.
She has received recognition for establishing numerous Balwadis to educate Siddi children and for advancing financial independence among Siddi women through her foundation, Mahila Vikas Mandal.
6. Vani Jairam: A singer who has made significant contributions to both Bollywood and south Indian film, Vani Jairam has also received the Padma Bhushan in the field of the arts.
Playback singer Suman Kalyanpur is one of the other Padma Vibhushan award winners, while the Padma Shri has been given to people like Jodhaiyabai Baiga, Usha Barle, Hemoprova Chutia, Subhadra Devi, Pritikana Goswami, Shanti Parmar, Sujatha Ramdorai, Neihunuo Sorhie, and Coomi Nariman Wadia.