If you are someone who has oily skin, we completely understand your struggle to maintain the glow of the skin. And this struggle is enhanced when the monsoon season arrives creating excess dampness leading to continuous skin inflammation due to increased oil secretion.
We present before you six skincare tips that will help you in maintaining your oily skin during the monsoon season.
1) Exfoliate: Dead skin on the top of your face can clog pores and is home to excessive dirt. Exfoliate your skin to unclog the pores and remove dead skin. Use a mild scrub to exfoliate your skin and get rid of all the unwanted dirt and dead skin from your face.
2) Cleanse: A gentle and effective cleanser is a must. People with oily skin should use jell-based products and avoid any cream-based products as they will clog pores. But remember, don’t overdo cleansing or cleaning as that will wear away all the oil from your face necessary to maintaining facial glow. Try not to use a cleanser more than twice a day.
3) Toner: Clean your skin with an alcohol-free toner enriched with vitamins and antioxidants. It will clean all the dirt and bacteria on the skin without drying it out and leave healthy, beautiful and glowing skin.
4) Hydration: Hydrating products are necessary to maintain moisture levels of your skin – as we know, if your skin is low in hydration, oil production will overdrive to compensate. Also, make sure that you drink plenty of water to flush out all the toxins from your body and consume fruits to boost vitamins and antioxidant content that helps in maintaining skin health.
5) No-Makeup in Bed: Follow the no-makeup in bed mantra for your oily skin. Makeup can damage your skin extensively when left overnight. Skin restores itself when you take rest. But if cosmetics are left on the skin during the resting period, it hampers the restoration process. Fatigue signs start appearing on your skin due to ceased breathing and it causes acne.
6) Oil-Free Lotion: Sunscreens are a must, especially when going out in sun. An oil-free sunscreen works best for oily skin. Use SPF 50 or more whether you are inside or outside as it protects your skin from light and harmful rays. Make sure to use a gel-based sunscreen.