On Valentine’s day, it’s very romantic to receive or give flowers. But we all know the best way to a person’s heart is through their stomach. Love Hearts are incredibly easy desserts you can make for your loved ones on this special day.
This recipe is inspired by an apple puff that I had in Melbourne city. It’s a combination of French turnover and Japanese Shou pastry. Here’s a simpler version of it.
Love is in the air, and Dessert is on its way.
Puff Pastry sheets
1 cup thickened cream
2 tsp icing sugar
Some mixed berries
- Preheat the oven to 150 deg c.
- Make small hearts with a cookie cutter on the puff pastry sheet.
- Beat an egg and brush it lightly on these hearts and place them in the oven for about 8-10 mins.
- Meanwhile, use an electric hand blender and beat the thickened cream with icing sugar until it forms peaks.
- Once the hearts are cooled make a small dent and place the whipped cream in the center.
- Add your choice of berries.
It’s time now to serve sweet little hearts to your sweetheart!
She writer Sudha Suresh is a healthy meal enthusiast, living in Melbourne, who loves to recreate recipes straight from her grandma’s kitchen