- dichakka/breadfruit-1 medium sized
- 2 Small Onions/shallots-8 to 10 nos
- 3 Ginger Paste-1 teaspoon
- 4 Aniseed(Perumjeerakam)-1 tablespoon
- 5 Coriander Powder-1 teaspoon
- 6 Green Chilli-5nos
- 7 Turmeric Powder-3/4th teaspoon
- 8 Red Chilli Powder-1 table spoon
- Curry Leaves-handfull
- Black Pepper Powder- 1tea spoon
- Rice Powder-3 table spoons
- Salt to taste
- Lemon Juice-one lemon
- Coconut Oil-1 table spoon
- Cut idichakka in to meduim sized triangle shapes.
- Steam it, till it is half cooked and then allow it to cool.
- Grind all ingredients from 2 to 10 in a mixer with little water.
- Mix one teaspoon of coconut oil and lime juice, and 3 tablespoons of rice powder to this mixture
- Marinate this paste on the half cooked idichakka and mix well
- Keep it aside for 30 mins
- Shallow fry this marinated idichakka on medium flame by flipping both sides so that it become crispy
Note: Throw a few curry leaves in to the oil and once done ,sprinkle these on to the idichaka pieces for an added flavor Serve it hot.